The AGing Integrated Database (AGID) system is an on-line query system that provides access to ACL-related program performance results, surveys and other data files. The purpose of the system is to:
- Provide a single, user friendly source for a variety of information on ACL supportive services and comprehensive systems of care for older adults and their caregivers, and people with disabilities of all ages
- Allow users to quickly produce tables, maps, and other summary information from ACL-related data files and surveys, supplemented by Census-based population and demographic charactertistics
- Provide users full access to results from national surveys of recipients of Older Americans Act services and ACL Special Tabulations produced by the Census Bureau
The four options or paths through AGID were designed to provide different levels of focus and aggregation of the data – from individual data elements within Data-at-a-Glance, to State-level summaries in State Profiles, to detailed, multi-year tables in Custom Tables, and finally, to full database access within Data Files.
Single data element at a time access to all of AGID’s state-level databases. Excellent tool for data mining or exploration of the various databases and their content, along with producing quick tables and geographical representations of key data elements.
Provides pre-populated tables of key data elements from OAA Programs for the selected state. The user also has the ability to make comparisons between one state and another state or one state and the total U.S. In addition, the location of the State Unit on Aging (SUA), Area Agencies on Aging (AAA), and Tribal Organizations (where applicable) are displayed in both map and tabular form.
Powerful tool for producing detailed, multi-year tables. Users have the ability to select only those data elements applicable to their needs, and to further refine their results based on demographic stratifiers or geographic locations that are meaningful to their application. In addition, multiple years of data can be selected to analyze trends across time, while simple sorting tools have been incorporated to rank individual data elements across both time and geography.
Provides access to the ACL survey databases and ACL Special Tabulations conducted by the Census Bureau. The individual survey data files are provided in CSV or SAS format and are supplemented by survey instruments, reporting requirements documents, codebooks with variable listings and frequency counts and percentages of all individual data elements, and SAS programming statements for loading and processing the data in SAS. ACL Special Tabulation results are provided in both Excel and XML format.
The databases that are currently available in the system are listed below. These files are updated on a periodic basis as new data become available.
- State Program Reports (SPR)
- National Ombudsman Reporting System (NORS)
- Title VI Services by Tribal Organization
- National Survey of Older Americans Act (OAA) Participants
- National Survey of Area Agencies on Aging (AAA)
- State Level Population Estimates Data
- County and PSA Level Population Estimates Data
- Decennial Census 2010 Summary File 1 (SF1) Data
- American Community Survey (ACS) Public Use Microdata Sample (PUMS) 1-Year Files
- ACL Special Tabulation: American Community Survey 2010-2014
- ACL Special Tabulation: American Community Survey 2009-2013
- ACL Special Tabulation: American Community Survey 2008-2012
- ACL Special Tabulation: American Community Survey 2007-2011
- ACL Special Tabulation: American Community Survey 2009-2011, Disability Tables
- ACL Special Tabulation: Decennial Census 2010
- ACL Special Tabulation: American Community Survey 2005-2009
- ACL Special Tabulation: American Community Survey 2008-2010, Disability Tables
AGID Future Releases
Future releases of AGID will include annual updates to existing data, along with the addition of new data sources. A number of new ACL Special Tabulations will be added to the site. In addition, as resources permit, new functionality will be added including enhanced mapping and charting capabilities and other analytic tools.